Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last Blog from Cape Town

Well this is my laaaast blog from Cape Town.  Crazy.  It is definitely 4 AM and I'm not completely packed and I'm supposed to leave at 7 AM for the airport for Joburg and then Kenya.  Who says that procrastinators can never be successful?  Let's hope that isn't true.  Today was incredible - yet again.  I took full advantage of my last day in Cape Town.  I headed to Lion's Head at 8 AM to hike/climb.  It was a different experience from Table Mountain -- I think I enjoyed it more.  It was comprised of much more climbing than hiking.... After that I headed to the Water Front with Kristy and Eric.  We ate at an awesome breakfast place and then headed to Robben Island where I was able to reach inside Nelson Mandela's prison cell.  On our ferry ride back to the main land we spotted two Southern Right whales.  I was pumped.  After that I headed to dinner and a play - said goodbye to Long Street for the last time - walked on the beach - and now I'm staring at my suitcases hoping that everything is packed.  I won't be able to blog while I'm in Kenya for the next three weeks -- if I get a chance I will definitely try to catch everyone up.  I'm very excited for this experience and I'm just going to approach each day at a time and try to soak up as much as I can.  I love you all -- please keep Brittany and me in your thoughts as we will be experiencing things that we never have before.

Alex and me at the final banquet...


These chocolates are the reason why I've gained 23948234 pounds.  You know how everyone loves Cadbury eggs at Easter?  Well you can get it here all year round.  Yikes.

My two extra roommates - Eric and Andrew.  They often pass out in our living room.  I'm going to miss this.


View from Lion's Head...


And again!


Straight up... no joke!

Finally, we made it.

In the clouds.

Shoes.



The group after our big hike.

Way up high.

Our trust ferry catamaran for Robben Island.

Nelson Mandela's prison cell.  # 7.  

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth - I have loved reading about your trip and all of the incredible things you are experiencing. I know that you have enjoyed every minute. One day in the future you will be so grateful for this blog so that you can go back and read all about it! Take Care and I look forward to reading much more....

    ReplyDelete