Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday June 17th




So, today was very neat.  We headed to an upper school where we played games and learned games from the students.  We then headed to the Amy Biehl foundation where the children performed "War Cry" for us - a dance performed to a drum beat.  It was about 15 minutes long and perfect -- they had worked so hard and were so excited to show us.  They are all my heroes - I wish I could move and shake like them.  For sure.  About twenty of us left that school and headed to the Waterfront where we were going to meet our sailboat for our sailing adventure... it was SO FUN!  I love waves so "rough sea" doesn't bother me -- I sat on the very front of the sail boat (Titanic style) for a good bit of the ride... however, some of my friends sat near the back with their heads in brown bags.  I felt bad for them but today was clear and the Cape couldn't have been more beautiful from the water.  Tomorrow -- we're headed to the same school and after school program!
*Haley only three more days til you're 21!  Yay!



Amy Biehl children dancing for us... Boy in yellow jersey was a stud!


The ladies....


I'm on a BOAT.


I love these people.


The British Envoy.



Seals in the red buoy.


Table Mountain.


Amanda, Becca, Brittany, Kelly, Alex and me.  You can't tell but we are trying hard to keep up the smiles because at this point we had started to hit about 9 foot waves.


Sunset.


World Cup Stadium for 2010.

You're here... there's noooothing I fear...


And I know that my heart will go on and on...
(Thanks Celine).  
Today was definitely a success.  Only 5 more days in Cape Town, then Kenya here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment